Democratic Debate Live Tweets & Thoughts
Last night I watched the Democratic Debate at Hurley’s Irish Pub with Democrat’s Abroad McGill. Here are a few thoughts and live Tweets that I had during the debate.
- Bernie says he is running a political revolution in his introduction. Is this really a revolution? I think that’s a bit of a stretch.
- Bernie says climate change influences terrorism
- Hillary is looking at Bernie like “try me dude”
- Good point Bernie – how could Hillary have messed up so badly with Libya after Iraq?
- Hillary says screening is the number one requirement for letting in refugees. Needs to be the greatest safety for the US against potential enemies. I agree but this could set a scary precedent.
- O’Malley’s policies in Maryland on education are pretty impressive, I must admit.
- Hillary wants to build on and improve the Affordable Care Act, NOT repeal it. Bernie’s views on what to do with single payer healthcare seems incredibly unrealistic. As someone from the South, I can tell you that Georgia would reject this in a heartbeat
- I keep thinking that the three candidates all Agree basically on the same ideas in this debate; it’s basically up to semantics at this point
- Hillary is going in hard on Bernie in response to his critique of her participation with Glass Steagall. I’m glad she is, he was pretty harsh
- O’Malley gives a lot of references back to Maryland, perhaps a few too many
- O’Malley and Clinton together have more similar views than they do with Bernie but O’Malley was harsh on Hillary